My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Saturday, May 28

The Times They Are A-Changin'-Memorial Day, 2005

While lying in bed this morning, I was listening to the CBS radio network news & I heard CBS radio reporter David Cohen (of New Orleans, Louisiana & brother of my rebbe Menachem aka Marc Cohen) mention the fact that Memorial Day is no longer what it once was. It's a good observation, but then again, that's not a fact I didn't already know.

Rather, it has become a time for barbecues, work around the home & just not honoring the war dead. What's more important anyway, honoring a bunch of dead corpses that fought for wars we as citizens didn't ask for or barbecuing dead animal flesh that no one asked the animals if they wanted to be killed to begin with?

So, in light of that, I'd like to present an old diary journal entry of mine that I wrote 11 years ago when I still lived in the armpit of America, that great old state, Indiana. I too, will be enjoying this weekend off, not so much grilling, but setting up a new computer & getting ready for what I am about to embark upon a great new journey into the stratosphere. Enjoy & I will catch up with all of you dear readers next Tuesday!

Redneck Fever 19.94 A.M.

Friends and pals go home from their neighbors celebrating with beers and cookouts and Hell! Shit! Fuck! It’s not even Memorial Day yet! But I can tell you that stupid dumbfuck mentality is coming around again.

Drink ‘til you drop, in some cases, dead. Act like a jerk. Fight. Argue over something frivolous and you may hurt yourself or get yourself killed. I guess it doesn’t really matter where you live.

Man!


This country has definitely gone downhill. This is America?


The mentality has gone from city to suburban lifestyle.

Drunken rowdiness.

Wave your flag.
Drink your beer.

Spit on the graves of the war dead by taking a day off that turns into a story at the office the next day how you grilled your ass and nearly puked your guts out from eating all that greasy food that you shouldn’t have had to begin with.

Think I’ll just stick to drinking tea, eating burritos and listening to Rush Limbaugh!


Now, that’s how a true American male lives his life.

No comments: