My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, December 1

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Final Notes

Good late evening to you one and all! A quick tip of the snowy kippah and yes, it's Friday! Here we are; a brand new month and just think, only 21 more shopping days until my birthday! Oh yeah, and Hannukah too. Okay, alright and that OTHER holiday too, heh-heh. Our best buddy that sweet-loving dapper capper has been waiting patiently all day to take us into a busy & joyous weekend! This being World AIDS Day, I thought I'd share this poem. Remember my dear readers, please tell someone you love them and always, enjoy!!!


Final Notes

As I pen these notes, I recall
All of the goals I had set
When I was a little boy…
Marriage; a big family, a country home
But now all I can do is write about it in some stupid, meaningless little poem
What words can you use, when your body decays day after day?
Perched on a chair, I now watch outside my windowsill as a brown robin zips on by, nearly crashing into the tall green grass, just to dip into the cold black ground, for a tiny muddied earthworm!
I watch it quickly slurp it up and see it head back toward the sky…
Color is more than just color, it’s…

ALIVE! VIBRANT! FLOWING! LOVE! DISTRACTION! STILLNESS! HATE! DEATH!

I babble and ramble these days about everything in my life…

MY LIFE…HAH! DID I EVER HAVE ONE!

Time, time, time, babble, babble, babble. Puppet on a string, frustration is all it brings. No pills can cure me, oh sure pills can keep me around for a little while longer…WRONG! WRONG! THIS WHOLE THING IS FUCKING WRONG! FUCKING CRAZY! I NEVER DID UNDERSTAND THE MEANING OF LIFE!

As I think, suddenly I remember a poem and it goes like this…

From the earth I rose
In the sky I flew
To the dust I settled
The cycle is complete

As I close with this entry I write…

Time doesn’t matter when you’re wasting away

No comments: