My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Thursday, April 28

“That’s One Of The Fringe Benefits Of Being With A Writer”-Mourning For Evelyn>Act Two

As many of you know by now, I am already at a loss for Evelyn. I would have thought by now she would have moved on & left me alone to meditate, but no, so here I go again, dealing with another troubled & disturbed young woman.

Evelyn read my journal entry & of course didn’t agree with what I wrote. Interestingly enough, she didn’t waste anytime finding someone new to crawl around with. It’s called rebounding. Yet, she remains cruel-hearted with cruel intentions in mind.

I believe she is doing what so many other disgruntled people do when they can’t have their way; they resort to wiping out any memory they had in a previous relationship & put the entire blame on the other person, thereby shirking the responsibility off their shoulders & then turn around and tell her new heartthrob something like, “yeah, well he was a jerk anyway.” That’s what she told me about her first boyfriend early on, yet she’ll probably deny that too. Oh well.

The very idea of gutting a memory is shocking to say the least by using false pretenses and fear as vices. Stalkers use the same methods.

Last night, she popped up on my IM (instant messenger) & decided to get even, by sending me a link of some photographs of her current heartthrob, which I never bothered to look at. Again it took her 40 minutes to play around until the 41st minute when she told me what it was. Ahhh, some things never change.

I don’t get it. She has someone new, why does she want to hurt me? One possible answer could be that she feels she is the only person in the world who is misunderstood & to have someone write about her in such an exclusive & personal sort of way frightens her, as well as excites her too, in a twisted sort of way.

Now of course, she probably wouldn’t admit to such things & continue to be in denial of such actions, but I do respect her opinions (somewhat) & she can say whatever she likes. This is of course a free country & she can say or write whatever she feelings like saying or writing, just as I do. More so, my friend, the Minister of Sinister says, “That’s one of the fringe benefits of being with a writer.”

But in speaking in all seriousness, here’s what I need to tell you Evelyn, whether you read this or someone you know reads this or anyone out there who reads this who could feel like Evelyn at times (bet that makes you feel special, doesn’t it, Evelyn?); it’s over between us. You have someone new. Go enjoy him. Stop wasting all of your efforts on me.

You’ll get as far as a cold, dead body lying on a slab tucked inside a drawer at your local morgue. Whatever we did in our time together, just put it away. Stop trying to air your resentments toward me, no matter how angry & hurt you may appear to act. Revenge might be sweet for the moment, but it will come back to haunt you when you least expect it. Wishing harm on someone just because you are angry or hurting doesn’t resolve the issues at hand.

If you want to speak to me civilly, I will be civil to you. If you want to call me, I will talk to you. If you want to meet face-to-face & work out our differences, I will meet with you, name the time & date. If it’s really attention you are after, I will go onto Ebay & order you a mirror. I will gladly help you if you need help, but please stop this immature behavior. It’s doesn’t represent who you really are. The more you behave like this, the more you will destroy your self-worth & self-dignity.

I don’t want air out our squabbling in public, as this isn’t a column in the New York Post or The Chicago Sun-Times & I don’t want it to be seen on some comedy program in the near future either. We aren’t celebrities. We are just two people who met online, fell in love & the split up due to irreconcilable differences. No one wins in these situations, as much as you might believe otherwise.

Just take what you have and move forward.

I have.


It’s about time you do.

No comments: