My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Sunday, March 8

Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Scars (For Jessie)

Editor's Note-It's been a very long time since I have published poetry on this blog, Just as I have started posting essays, so I shall begin posting poems. And this poem, Scars, is the best way to start.
As always, enjoy.


Hidden away from the world, she confides in me her desire to love and be loved
How long it’s been since she’s kissed a boy for feeling like a broken toy on the ground scattered 
Strewn in pieces 
She is shy in my mind’s eye so submissive in suspicion 
I want to take her and cradle her and soothe her and kiss her and tell her the monsters are gone forever but I can’t 
For she is a space I cannot begin to understand or breathe, just imagining the horror of war
The bloodied faces, severed souls in two
And the care she applies to make them come alive, back when life was just happy and true
This need for oil, this need for lust, turns into rust and it’s so damn difficult to support the thinking of paranoia behind the brains of the old who send the young who do the damage and destroy their souls in the process
Power verses passion 
Money verses misunderstandings 
It’s going to hurt them all in the end 
Their future not hard to predict at all
I want to reach out and grab her and hold her in my arms and soothe her tell her to come home but I know I can’t do that 
I will only pray for her safety and her passion holds strong and the day that we meet I can sing her a song and that she'll laugh, live and love and leave behind the anger she once felt for a past she held hard like my hands, in our cradle of love

(Written March 7, 2020)


No comments: