My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Saturday, March 4

Tales From The Desert>Post Trip Talk-Act Five: A Postcard Home

My dearest and lovely Venus,

It is late in the night as I write this postcard to you. Alas, I have woken up in the middle of the night, close to 3am and of course I couldn't sleep, what with the very thought of you kissing me and me kissing you back and us kissing each other everywhere and then...I fell back to sleep peacefully and happy. I bet secretly, you are happy too.

After I spoke to you on Wednesday, I hiked along the desert highway and saw two jackalopes (bunny rabbits with big ears) and most likely a baby Diamondback snake sleeping beneath the sand. My first morning here in the desert, I saw two beautiful hummingbirds. It seems as if they behave like us, like two mad lovers in the throes of passion, did you know that? Well you probably do know. Most of the desert birds here sing meticulously as well as melodically too. What are your sea birds like and what songs do they sing to the lost, the found and the loved?

I miss you and love you so very much...

The MishegasMaster