My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Wednesday, August 3

A Candid Observation From The MishegasMaster


Marriage, a big family, a country home
But now all I can do is write about it
In some stupid meaningless little poem…

(From Final Notes-A Poem By The MishegasMaster)

Well, one of my good old longtime friends is at last getting married next year. A guy I’m friendly with at work has just found out that he’ll be a Daddy in about nine months. Almost a year & a half ago a friend of mine on the east coast finally had a healthy baby boy after years of frustration through regular methods of conception.

It’s all great news for them; I’m always happy for happy news, but every time I can think of it, hearing the details of their future wedding plans & family thoughts, I get all down on myself, thinking it will never happen to me.

And that makes me sad. Sure, I have prospects in the works and from what I know and understand, relationship-building takes time and I’ve never been that fortunate to find the right person at the right time.

Back when I was a kid and then later as a young teenager, I dreamed of having a perfect life; a good reporting job working at a great American metropolitan newspaper and being married by the age of 33, with kids later in life, say about 10 years after that.

It almost happened that way, but didn’t, so I kept on living and growing along until I was in a better position to straighten myself out, both emotionally and physically. And it’s paying off, with the help of setting better and more achievable goals. I’ve already surpassed and fulfilled my life’s dreams and goals several times over. I’m not sure if I could achieve any of these goals if I were hitched.

For inspiration, I look to my parents who have been married for 50 years and I also look up to my best friend Zog-19 who has been married for 14 years and has two relatively healthy children.

It is said that single people suffer greatly when they do not have a mate to go home to hold, hug or cry to when they have a lousy day. Some use inanimate objects to get their stress out, others smoke, eat or talk to their pets. Still others listen to music, call their friends or help hotlines.

I write almost daily about my life in this blog space. It’s a way for me to get rid of my personal demons and frustrations. Even as I date or get closer to finding the one woman who I feel and think might be “the one,” I might right about it. Then again, maybe not, as I don’t like to jinx good opportunities.

Then there are those who criticize me by hiding behind cruel empty words because they have no other means to be positive or enjoy heckling me whenever the mood strikes them. So to those who are critical or heckle me, I say to you all…hello!!!

If you don’t like what I write in my space, then get your own blog space and write out your dislikes, hatreds, demons and other personal disdained subject matters. After viewing and reading my blog, at least 10 people have already been inspired to start their own blogs! Hooray for those 10 folks! That’s so much more than I can say for those who live to make other people miserable.

No comments: