My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Tuesday, July 19

As You Sow Evil, So You Shall Reap Evil: An Occupational Hazard>Act 13


Disclaimer: Awareness is the key to stupidity. Fiction can be that way sometimes. Any similarities to persons living or dead is purely conincidental & should not be taken or misconstrued as such. Anyone who believes otherwise, is probably looking for a needle in a haystack & will more than likely catch nothing but hay-fever...

I don’t speak of my own nightmares much here on Devil’s Island; they are painful and I don’t like dwelling on my own past for the regurgitation has an effect on me that eventually affects others. It is evident in my cell, what with Loud-Mouth Lucy being red-faced and teary-eyed every time I get upset. She’s a great cellmate let me tell you, but onto my greatest nightmare here on Devil’s Island.

A long time ago, when Devil’s Island was run by Old Black Devil, prisoner matches between unlikely males with the ultimate prize of being loved & exploited by Old Black Devil’s secret concubines, who would tease & torture them, before being passed over to Old Black Devil for one night only, were commonplace.

No one ever knew who would be called upon next. Then one day it happened to two of us. My self & “Sleepy Hank” were called before Old Black Devil to commit treachery. Treachery that included hurtful words exchanged between each other, staring contests & boastful stories. When Old Black Devil saw that we refused to obey, she threw us each into solitary confinement for 24 hours, thinking self-torture would change our minds.

Sleepy Hank’s crime to humanity was just plain sleeping too much. Old Black Devil considered Sleepy Hank not much of anything, mainly a waste of human flesh. Years earlier on the outside, he served in the military, later sent over to serve in the Vietnam & Gulf War conflicts & became shell-shocked & exposed to disease beyond comprehension. He was a victim of destruction, fashioned by mankind to kill in time of war, but expected to forget his murderous role for the government in time of peace.

For me, it did nothing. I didn’t budge. For Sleepy Hank, however, it changed him overnight. The next day after being released, I saw an evil inside Sleepy Hank that overcame me like the fumes from dead corpses whenever one would pass the Devil’s Island morgue.

In the days that followed Sleepy Hank attacked me with words so hateful and unbearable that doesn’t merit itself to repeat to you here. Those words however, are instilled inside me forever. Then the staring contests started. Everywhere I went, Sleepy Hank stared at me. Then the intimidation factor crept in and he began to follow me everywhere I went. I didn’t feel so safe anywhere, even in my own cell, as Sleepy Hank would sometimes stand out there for hours and stare at me.

Prison guards would always look the other way. Much like the Fraternal Goon Twins, Groggleman & The Abominable Snowwoman always looking the other way, yet only in the market to protect their own kind or kin. Sadly such was the life for prisoners on Devil’s Island.

Then one night it happened; Sleepy Hank spun out of control. He attacked me brutally when I least expected it. I was walking one night within the prison yard with the-then very much alive & bubbly Va-Va-Voom & Loud-Mouthed Lucy when all of a sudden, Sleepy Hank jumped me and took several swings at me & repeated the following phrase; “some call it sleep, but I call it creep” over & over again.

Blood poured down my face, especially from within my nose, I was sore and hurting, but did not move from the ground where I was now lying on. Sleepy Hank kept on swinging. Meanwhile, fellow inmates “Forecast Fernando,” and Captain Whackencracker came to my rescue, took Sleepy Hank and pinned him against the wall, as “Baby Billie” ran to the guard’s tower to get help.

Moments later, a crowd of prisioners gathered & formed. I could make out The Fraternal Goon Twins & Groggleman in the blurriness of my vision. They ordered everyone clear of the prison yard and told everyone to go back to their cells. Old Black Devil even called for a temporary prison lockdown until the situation quieted down.

Forecast Fernando gently lifted me from the ground and into a sitting position. Sleepy Hank was at first interviewed by The Fraternal Goon Twins and then it was my turn. I told them both everything that had occurred, with Sleepy Hank looking on angrily, making every effort he could to intimate me. Groggleman stood there and surveyed the scene. No one could tell which way he was going to swing. I knew one thing for certain; it didn’t look good.

Groggleman ordered Forecast Fernando & Captain Whackencracker to follow him to the interrogation room. For the next 40 minutes, the two were asked about what they saw & heard. Then it was Sleepy Hank’s turn, followed by my turn.

Then Old Black Devil emerged and said to me that surely I could forgive Sleepy Hank and just go on about my way. I exploded and gave Old Black Devil a piece of my mind. She disappeared and Groggleman reappeared.

From what I remember, Sleepy Hank’s last words were “I didn’t do squat,” shortly before they executed him. Much of this nightmare I have tried to forget. I was then that day, as I am now, grateful to those who helped & perhaps saved me from a fate well beyond the evil upon Devil’s Island.

No comments: