My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Thursday, July 7

A Letter To Isis On The London Transit Bombings

Dear Isis,

I’ve thought about you most of the day, since the time I awoke this morning at 5:30 am, Chicago time after learning the terrible news that your city was targeted for a series of bomb blasts, by evil terrorists. At last count, according to CBS Radio News, 40 people were killed & over 700 were injured.

The comparison to the bomb blasts of WWII are a tad ludicrous if you ask me & then there are the countless idiots & mad fools who are comparing these bomb blasts to 911, when there’s no comparison at all. A bomb blast is a dirty, scoundrellous attack on humanity and in this case, on the people of your fair city.

This morning, as I listened to the local radio newscasters while eating my bowl of Cheerios in bed, again were the comparisons of 911, with the references of soot & ashes on the survivors faces, but in all reality, a train or a bus blast, pales in comparison to a couple of jet planes flying directly into a couple of Manhattan skyscrapers, don’t you agree?

As for the soot & ashes remark, stated by local Chicago CBS radio broadcaster Felicia Middlebrooks; I think it was a pretty dumb remark to make, considering that firemen look like that after long & sometimes difficult fires to put out or chimney sweeps. It’s just an insensitive remark that should have not been said.

And then, after the news swam across the ocean and into America, suddenly every news organization decided to localize the story by putting in all of those “what if” sorts of questions & don’t you agree, Isis, that’s it’s a little insane to be asking questions like that, as if the future is really, hardly predictable except for a bad Arnold Schwarzenegger or Mandy Moore film?

Well, at least the terrorist alert has been heightened to orange in the United States, but only for mass transit here. Airports apparently are just too safe for terrorists to bother with. Interesting how that system works too. When Georgie (Bush Is A Tush) Jr. was running for re-election, it’s all we saw, were these heightened terrorist alerts & of course when he was re-elected, they stopped. I suppose the system works for only “real emergencies.”

And yes it’s true; we can’t go around being scared of everything, we have to go on living, but I sure as hell don’t need to hear this from my own president, my governor & you don’t need to hear that from Phony Tony (Blair) either.

Nice of him by the way, to come back home and check up on his people and then go back to a conference, a holiday in the sun of sorts for virtually every other world leader including my own, who are going to be discussing how to solve the on-going struggles of Africa and global-warming.

I think what world leaders really need to focus on however, is their own constituents, their own people, their own nations, not worry so much about some country like Africa, who we already give away so much money to both in foreign aid & other programs.

Yes, now of course I am concerned about the starving & the war-torn parts over there in Africa, but don’t you agree Isis; that it’s about time we focus on our own nations & try to clean up our own unsightly pockets of poverty, homelessness & other problems?

I understand completely that it is the responsibility of a world leader to address these issues, but I also think they need to work on their own domestic policies before they start handing out money to just anybody. They owe it to us; after all they were elected by the people, unless of course it was a dictator, a successful coup or the voting processes were monkey-wrenched.

I believe that Phony Tony (Blair) should have shifted the conference’s attention toward betterment of safety for their people, not worry about Africa’s plight; in fact, discussing Africa’s plight is miniscule when you know what happened in your city nearly 24 hours ago.

Well Isis, I know I am straying a bit here, but you know me; I always do. I hope you are safe and sound and your family is well, including your sister & her husband & all of you managed to stay out of harm’s way. I will try to call you tomorrow morning before I leave for work.

Love,

The Mishegas Master

No comments: