My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, November 10

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Helping Myself With The Harvest

Well, well, well! Good late sloppy evening to everyone! Ugh! that white stuff has found its way to our fair city, way too early if you ask me, A quick tip of the kippah and yep, it's Friday! Hip-hip hooray! We've made it! And believe you me, I am quite happy it's here! But still I remain just as busy as ever for the end of this second week of November and after a long absence, it's nice to be back here on Friday nights. But you know what? Our good friend, that sweet capper is here to ease us into a gentle weekend! Stay warm (those of you in the Midwest & the East)! And now, yes you guessed it! It's spanking brand-new poem-time! And remember dear readers, please tell someone you love them and always, always enjoy!!!


Helping Myself With The Harvest

The sun makes up poems for me
When I cannot
And lately that’s been a lot
Leaves make poems for me
When I fall silent
And all I can hear is the wind whistle through the trees
The gentle breeze frees my spirit,

but every time I try to record my movements, with a pen and a pad
All I can think about is wanting to be had
Do you think that’s mad?
That’s why I rely on the sun, the trees and the falling leaves to make up poems for me.

because if they couldn’t,
I wouldn’t exist and simply would not get close to the soul who once resembled the man
I set out to be

No comments: