My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Tuesday, November 7

A Letter To Miss Firefly

Dear Miss Firefly,

I’m sorry you have a broken heart. Broken hearts as you well know are not easy to fix, but I will do my best to offer you some suggestions. Sure we can rely on our families and friends, for they are easy to lean on in times like these, but getting over a love you feel deeply for, isn’t always the same on the opposite side of the fence and it truly hurts like a kick to the groin and stings like cologne or perfume on cut skin.

I know that pain well. I’ve felt it many, many times before, as the last three summers have been three true heartbreakers and yep, the devils are out there in force enjoying the pleasure of sticking it to me good and hard, because they want to see me suffer, just as I supposedly made them suffer. I call them sick and disturbed and they need hospitalization ASAP!

Everywhere you step there will always be reminders of them of that there is no doubt, so please do yourself a favor and keep busy. Immerse yourself in a myriad of projects; it helps put your mind at ease and takes away the focus of the negative and turns it around to a positive!

Work-out at the gym, listen to music, although be advised to stay away from sentimental love songs and ballads; for they will drive you to tears for certain. If you feel the need to channel your anger, let me show you how to throat-sing; believe me, it works when push comes to shove!

Some years ago when I had a bad luck streak in dating, I adopted a philosophy in which I repeated often both aloud and to myself, “my wife is the universe,” meaning the world she is my sole partner in keeping me in check, teaching me right to left on this treacherous life adventure. As with myself, I am sure that you will find someone better and more in tune with what your soul desires. There is someone out there for you, I know it!

And remember, Miss Firefly; it takes 76 muscles to smile and two to frown.

Sincerely,

The MishegasMaster


No comments: