My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Thursday, November 23

What I’m Thankful For, Thanksgiving Day, 2006




Today is Thanksgiving Day, November 23rd (even though I wrote this Friday, November 17, 2006) and often we get asked the question “What are you thankful for?” Funny, I don’t ever remember reading that this is what the Native American Indians asked the Pilgrims when they invited them to celebrate a joyful harvest in 1620 with them. Still I’m thankful for a lot of things, really.

Thinking about it over a period of 52 weeks or 12 months, here’s what I’m truly thankful for.

I’m thankful that I have a job in this uncertain economy. I’m thankful I have a roof over my head and a place to sleep comfortably and a place to store all my belongings, making my studio seem more like a storage locker than living quarters!

I’m thankful that my Saturn still runs after 51,000 miles on it. I’m thankful that I have my health intact. I’m thankful for my friends Mykel Board, Lew Brickhate, Blog-19, Iris, Nechama, Joe & DiDi, Stewart Brodian, Scoats, Tim D., Noam Gaster, Scott & Marla, Cathy, David V., DMX Dave, Adam G., Brian & Leah Grover, Michael Brownstein, The Rev. & Mrs. Rev., George Weister, Favour, Peggy, Venus, Menachem, Jade Spotted Owl & Big Chief Bluefoot, Wayne, Wes and everyone else who I’ve befriended over the past year.

I’m thankful for my previous mentor Vida Wolk and my current mentor Miss Firefly, who have helped me to see the light and point me in the right direction over the past several months.

I’m thankful for my hunger for starting to perform again and I’m thankful to everyone I met and treated me well (and not so well) on my recent tour to New York City & Philadelphia. I’m thankful that Sid Yiddish is fast becoming a household name, thanks in part to this trip,
www.youtube.com, my plethora of readily available CDs and of course, word-of-mouth.

I’m thankful I can still write, create and make others believe that the magic still flickers inside and I’m thankful I haven’t as of yet lost my mind and I’m thankful I’m left-handed.

I’m thankful that I have a family who loves me, even though a few of us are far apart on some personal issues, but I’m thankful that my father Rex Pater Homo is doing well & that The Arizona Babe is as equally healthy & that Louie & his Missus, Naomi & her Mister, Benjy & Joey all have their health, their joys and their happiness.


Most of all, I’m thankful for you, my dear and loyal readers out there in blogland who have shown me what you like and what you don’t like and that makes me happy that there’s at least one other person out there reading this, besides myself when I edit this down and post it each day.

It means a lot to me that some of you actually care what I see, hear and feel, day in, day out and know that whatever I post comes from my heart and soul and not some cheap fall-apart toy from a dollar store.


Happy Thanksgiving To You, One & All, My Dear Readers!!!

No comments: