My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, December 30

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>The Last Poem Of The Century

Well, here we are, the last Friday of the year!!! It was definitely one of trhe slower weeks that passed us by again so quickly, didn't it? That quiet little capper always has a way of finding us, doesn't it? In keeping in step with the approaching New Year and some of you are already celebrating, aren't you? Well, I think this poem is fits in well with the moment! And my dear, gentle readers, please remember always, always, enjoy!!!

Last Poem Of The Century

Semolina pilchards

Walk silent in rows

The sad, beat century drawing to a close

Happy to bounce out the door

The dancing ghost places the crown of teeth upon her head,

Her face sunken and old

Gratified, in the middle of a forest

The soluble alchemy-

A new generation of men with four left feet, maybe three

Brown blues for white people, I cannot see

I awoke from a sad dream, full of glee

But my knees are silent

25,000 monkeys used 25,000 typewriters

Played flutes like drums

Held their breath while passing cemeteries

Never stop going till’ they get there

Empty souls no longer worry

Raining holy water

God is bathing

In

Warmth

No comments: