My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, December 2

The Botox FrankensteinPoetry Series>Christ On A Bicycle

Well, here we are at long last, Friday again, the exquisite little capper for the week! As we get closer to Christmas, out come the claws, no mispelling intended! For those that celebrate the over-rated holiday, I wish you all good wishes, but at the same time, I bet that even Jesus Christ never could have imagined 2000 years after his death what kind of travesty the celebration of his birth has become! This poem I feel will be most appropriate for this season of madness. And please remember dear readers; always, always, enjoy!!!

Christ On A Bicycle

Give me liberty
Or at least give me Christ on a bicycle,
And I'll give you the greatest Christmas story ever told to man.
The crowded sidewalks full of shoppers, staring at painted windows,
Yelling in the subways like New Year's Eve
Traffic pileups on the boulevard,
Guys dressed up in Santa suits, expecting your children to believe that the old heavyweight still exists
Just because the old legend says so.
And the Sunday papers
Lathered with extra stuffing of holiday savings galore.
And the movie channel rolls out all those Christmas delights.
But now, now let me tell you one thing:
There is no such animal
As a white Christmas
For fear of sparking lawsuits
Or racism to mingle in with the beautiful holiday cheer
That plagues us the rest of the year.
Yes Virginia, there is indeed a Christmas
But not as it used to be.
For as far as we now know
Old man Moses
Placed black roses
Upon the grave of the dear Lord,
Who died for Christmas presents
One sad and gray December morn.

No comments: