My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Thursday, December 29

An Open Letter To Big Chief Bluefoot

Dear Big Chief Bluefoot,

I recently overheard through a reliable source, Heap-Wampum Stool Pigeon that you support our President and also a Republican to boot. I have never heard of a Republican Injun, let alone an Injun that supports the great terrible Yonegi who sits on his tuchas in the White House and has been systematically taking away your human rights for the past five years.

Well, now wait-a-second here, I do remember meeting an Injun once who was a Republican, conservative as all hell, oh but I forgot, he was an Injun from India and not an Injun from the United States of America, so forget I ever mentioned it, alright?

Now tell me Big Chief Bluefoot, why do you support our President? I can’t believe that you could a support a man that is, as I stated earlier systematically whittling away all of your basic human rights, spying on your own people, running your country into heap plenty debt, a man whose ancestors probably maimed, raped and murdered plenty of your relatives because his people felt your people were invading “their” space.

From what Heap-Wampum Stool Pigeon tells me, you are a proud man, a kind man and a good man to boot and I believe it; what I believe too is that one shouldn’t criticize the position that a man takes once he is elected to office; I agree with you that it is a tough position to handle and maneuver and I am sure that if any of us mere citizens tried to do what he does, we’d also run into the same set of problems.

You can’t please everyone and our President certainly knows this well. He was elected by the people and for the people, as stated by the United States constitution and even though I didn’t vote for him in either the 2000 or 2004 elections, he is according to you, doing the best job he possibly can and the pick of the crop of senators, congressmen, cabinet members and his staff are also helping him out to see that he gets to do what he’s supposed to do and what he can’t do, someone else will.

That is the will of the people, Big Chief Bluefoot; to complain, gripe, whine, bitch, complain and do whatever it takes to get it out of their systems.

But if you’re happy with the way the President is running your country straight into the ground, happy that your people (the Native Americans) are still being treated like crap, even after all these years, happy that your natural resources are drying up quicker than you can sing the token “10 Little Indians” song, than who am I to question your beliefs system?

Who am I to tell you what to think, do, be, act or feel? I’ll let the great, terrible Yonegi do that for you; he’s doing a great job for you already!

Most sincerely and a heartfelt handshakes of Wa-Do to you kind sir,

The MishegasMaster

PS-How does your Missus, Heap-Wampum Stool Pigeon live with a Republican Injun that supports our President? I bet that’s an awfully hard feat to accomplish, yet I guess she does have her share of druthers too, but that’s another story for another time!

No comments: