My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Monday, December 12

The Unintentional Gift: Behold! The Russian Mail-Order Internet Bride>Act 2

As I last left you in late summer my dear readers, I was being pursued by one of several Russian women online, looking for a little love and a lot of green in between, both as in cash and a green card for permanent residency. But as I’ve learned, you can’t always trust what you receive online or who is behind the writing of the letter or who is controlling the female puppet behind the curtain.

To recap or refresh your memory, here’s a little bit of what I first wrote on the subject back on August 2, with some slight edits for updating purposes…

“…I belong to a few online dating services and in my ever-present journey of trying to find a mate to take on as a wife or a lover one kind of has to weed through the marshes in order to get to the right pond. Equally, when I received letters from women, particularly Russian women, I actually had the misfortune to at first believe that Russian women were actually interested in me for me other than my abilities to get them over to America

for a nominal fee or a green card.

The letters all start off the same; something like: “Hello: perhaps you are looking for someone like me to suit yourself with. Well, I can cook, clean, take care of the babies while you are hard at work & make the home a cozy and warm place to be once you are home from the office.” Well, that sounds a little bit over-exaggerated, but after weeding though the form email letters that I’ve received and deciphering the bad & broken English, you get the idea. Usually with the letter, there’s an airbrushed photograph of the woman posing provocatively, as if to catch your eye, kind of like what editors and photographers do in all those behind-the-counter men's magazines…”

My second experience with an internet Russian woman came during late December 2004, just a month or so before I began having my mouse invasion within the space of my apartment, with a woman whom I’ll refer to as “Diamond.” Diamond & I corresponded for a total of five months and somewhere in the middle of the correspondence it suddenly became very “serious” and suddenly, there was a push for the next step, for a nominal fee, of course and when push came to shove, I put my back-up plan into action, which shooed her away almost immediately!

What follows is an exchange sampling of emails between Diamond and I (yours truly, The MishegasMaster) with some slight edits for to protect the innocent and to hang the guilty. In some cases I will leave Diamond’s letters intact, spelling errors abound, with corrections in parenthesis when appropriate. Please also note the dates seemed switched, they aren’t considering that Russian time and USA Central Standard Time are at least 12 hours apart and either ahead or behind, depending on how one looks at the situation!

Hi Diamond,

I received your email & so let me tell you a little about myself. I am work in industrial research. at night, after work I put my efforts to my other passion, I write poetry, short stories, sing & write song lyrics. I have been studying "throat singing," which I believe you might know of it. my teacher has been studying it in Tuva, a village in Russia. I have lived in the Chicago-area nearly all of my life. I have a big family, three brothers and one sister. I listen to a lot of music, all styles. do you have a picture? what else would you like to know about me? in the meantime, tell me all about you. I look forward to hearing from you-(December 28, 2004)

“Mine dear!!! Thank you to me have answered to you that! Unfortunately I do not know concerning you much, but I hope that I shall learn you more. I have no what experience in use of the computer and message through the Internet with other people. But I hope that at me all will turn out. Whether first of all inform me can you understand me. I am not so sure that mine English is very good. I was not the best student in our group, who in perfection knows English. but I hope that you will understand me and there can be you will help me to study the English language better. I want to inform concerning myself: I the Russian woman, live in city Cheboksary-this not the large city, his arrangement approximately 1300 km from Moscow. Near to it are available of what large cities. Largest - Kazan. About my city there is a large river Volga. I very much would like slightly to know about culture of your country. To me 27 years, my birthday will be January, 10. I very much would like to find out when you will have birthday? How you will see off it? I have finished State University, which is located in Kazan very known university, which occupies 7 places on education and experience. My specialty -ecologist. Me very much to like this trade. I search for such man with which it is possible to share to a mountain, pleasure and love. The man which will support difficult minute. I search for the real man for love, and I hope that it will be you. It is a little concerning me and I hope to know more concerning you. It will be very pleasant to me to receive from you news!!! I shall wait for it with impatience!-(December 29, 2004)

Hey Diamond :), sorry it took me so long to respond, the library's been closed for the past few days & I’ve been running around doing things here too. it was nice to have a day off from work, but sometimes days off can be a headache too. on the 31st, people were everywhere during the day & the driving was terrible! I had a quiet new year's eve. I went to dinner with a friend of mine, and then we went out for dessert & then a cup of tea. after we parted, I just sat on the el platform & watched crowds of people partying, and then I went home. you asked me about free time, well when I have it, I love going to art museums, plays, spending time at cafes writing & dreaming, listening to music, observing life, watching films, reading. I just haven't much time lately, what with myself going to auditions, submitting poems to magazines & class. Now I understand why you are writing to me, I want you to know, diamond, I would like to get to know you better before we go "serious," it's understandable, at least to me. I’ve never been that lucky in love & I’d rather get to know you much better before we take a step beyond this letter-writing, but I think you understand this, diamond, I just don't to rush into anything. fairy tales are nice, but I’d really, really, want to get to know you more first. you seem wonderful to me, of that there is no doubt, but marriage, even a relationship means much more to me than a wife and family, it means having someone to come home to & to love in good times & bad, someone to talk to, someone to look at each day, someone to hug & hold, this is the hard part for me, to explain this Diamond; because I have been in some very bad relationships in the past & I don't want to make any mistakes, this I hope you understand. I might be in Europe (London) for an old college friend's wedding. if I do go, perhaps there might be a possibility we could meet there, but let's see first where we go in this letter-writing campaign, okay? what is the name of the company you work for? tell me more about your job. do you dream of me at night? what kinds of things do you think about? well. I’m going to stop here, so please write back when you can-(January 3, 2005)

Hi my dear!!!!! Today quite good weather, everywhere lays a snow, very beautifully. When I have come to the cafe internet also has seen your letter to me on it became much better. Know I want to you to tell, me so it become seems that our attitudes than that large than simply friendship, you agree with me? When I work or simply I have a rest constantly I think of that the moment when I shall come to the cafe internet and I shall see your letter, and that I can to write to you that I feel, of what I think. I yet did not speak you that I has told to the daddy about that that we with you are copied, and he firstly spoke that is all not seriously and at it is not present future, but later when he has seen as I to this I treat. He has told me “Do that want, but do not take a great interest in all by it because you again can break the heart." he cares of me. I so Is frank with you because I think that I can to you trust and that you will understand all about what I speak to you. I shall finish the letter; I hope that you soon to me will answer. I wait for your letter. Yours Diamond-(January 4, 2005)

Hi Diamond, snow is alright, just as long as one doesn't have to drive in it. we are expecting up to a foot (12 inches) of snow between tonight & tomorrow night. I agree with you, that our idealisms seem a little beyond friendship, that I will agree to. well, I can understand how your dad feels. to him, of course, I’m not real to him, I’m just "some American guy typing to his daughter via the internet," I understand his position completely. of course he cares about you, he's your dad, and I would hope so. I am kind of surprised that no one has taken you yet, i.e. boyfriend. have you had a lot of relationships, ummmmm, experience, rather? but just as I can break your heart, you can break mine too, it works both ways, you know? I’d rather you be frank & honest with me, than the opposite. I want you to understand, that the internet is full of strange people, I am not saying that is you, but there are people in the world that will take full advantage of another person if they are not careful, this I believe where your dad is coming from. he doesn't want anyone to hurt you. this I understand. I don't want to hurt you either, that is not my intent. I want to get to know you better & we will through these letters that is my hope. write soon-(January 4, 2005)

“Greetings my gentle dear!! I have received your letter and with pleasure I shall write to you the answer. I to want to answer your questions. Music I to love classics. I to love Mozart and Beethoven. You like this music? At leisure I to like to play billiards. The ambassador work, I go to receive letters from you my dear. Your of the letter and your words bring to me unique feeling which I cannot describe. I begin trust our chaotic world which the person can be with a kind and observe feelings. For me I have found such person and this person - YOU! I am grateful to the Internet, and I have not regretted that money which I spent for this purpose. Probably I not unique who writes to you? I do not want to trust this, but it - the factor from which is not probable to disappear. And in our country and people of honor prevent your bad instead of normal attitude of good people which want to find second half in a life. I hope that all these things will not damage and will not collide with our further attitudes; I would not like to lose you. You the unique person which understand me and my feelings completely. You unique to whom I can trust. You unique who to me to similar, should wait for your letter with impatience write to me concerning yourselves. With tenderness and love Diamond-(January 5, 2005)

Well Diamond, yes of course I would like your love :) I want everything that you might be able to give & then some more. and of course I would give love back to you. I dream about you more each day, for this is true, you are growing on me more and more, but I need to ask you something which is important, very important. although I have not officially invited you to come yet to visit me, I was thinking possibly a little later this year, maybe early summer when it's warmer, not during the winter, when it is cold & miserable, I was wondering, ummm how do I put this? how were you planning on coming, did you expect me to buy you a plane ticket? you see, I’m not a rich wealthy American that is so much the token of Americans & Jewish people, I can't do that, I’m saying, you'll have to come out on your own finances, I’m sorry to be so blunt like this, but the ticket you must get on your own. it would be the same for me if I were to come see you; I would not expect you to pay for me. that's just how I am. I hope this will not change things between you & I & I truly hope this love is for real. I don't like being pushed or rushed when it comes to love, you understand that, I hope. now that I see you expect me to help fund you for a flight, is that what you were expecting me to do? our love? how can you say you love me when you still haven't even met me? don't you think that's a little premature? and how much did you expect me to pay for you? love is not based on money, it's based on trust, values, honesty, virtues, etc. how much of a sum of money were you looking for me to supply you with & how do I know you wouldn't change your mind once you got here? you have to understand, really understand, that I don't know who you are & I just don't give my money out to anyone I don't know. I only know you from writing these emails & by your pictures & vice versa. you could be anybody. I think that if you really want to see me, you'll save your money & then you come see me whenever that is. did you expect a free ride from me?-write soon (January 9, 2005)

My love!!! I am happy that you to write to me. I am glad that you to invite me to yourselves but I cannot collect all sum. I to want you ask you can to help me a small part from this sum? I to want you to tell that At us in Russia very small payment for work and I was not capable to pay all travel. I hope What it not a barrier to our love? I with impatience shall look forward to hearing from you Love Diamond-(January 9, 2005)

At this point, the letters begin focusing on money, mostly from her end, so the letter exchange isn’t that important to show, but what transpires later toward the middle of April are my questions to her regarding sex. I asked her questions about sexual desire, to see where her heart really is and to also see who was writing the letters. I received a lot of subject-changing letters, but as you can see from the following letters from hers, you might get a general idea of who was really writing the letter…

Greetings my lovely!!!!!! I was glad to receive your letter. My lovely I to want that you to understand me correctly as I not like to share the sexual imaginations as it may appear your game with me. 
I may trust in you when I shall be near to you my lovely. When we are together I shall trust you the most secret desires. 
I to want to ask you when I can arrive to you? I very much to want to be with you and I to hope that you too. 
I shall finish the letter and I shall wait for your answer.
KISSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS-Diamond (April 19 2005)
It was the last letter I would receive from her. 

No comments: