My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, May 12

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Dad! You Swung So Hard! (For Terry Dickerson)


Good evening and a quick tip of the kippah to you one and all! Well, here we are the second week in May and it feels like the end of winter, that is if you live in the middle west that is. Everything seemed fine until yesterday morning when I received the news of another friend passing over the universe and I truly feel heartsick about his passing, but thankfully, that good old capper is here to easy me into a healing process once again. Having said that, it's time once more for a poem which was previously published in a Chicago jazz magazine called Creativity in 2004. Although it was dedicated at the time to late drummer Elvin Jones, I'm dedicating it to my late friend Terry Dickerson, who was also a jazz drummer. I will be posting a recollections essay in the next few days on Terry. My heart and prayers go out to his family. Remember my dear readers, please tell someone you love them and always-always-always enjoy!

Dad! You Swung So Hard! (For Terry Dickerson)

I got a million ideas all running freight 'trane
espresso jazz-jamming outta
my head pouring outta my ears so smoky,
tight & intense...Derails. Traffic
jizz-jam jangle-dangles my collective
thoughts. Makes 'em clear as tears
streaming down my cheeks

No comments: