My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Wednesday, May 17

A Letter To My Dear Boy

My Dear Boy,

I guess you never did learn that some women don’t really care about you as much as they care about your assets, personal wealth and finances. In the old days of dating, they called it “gold-digging.” Apparently the sneaky, stylish trend has snaked its way back into the social norms of society.

Oh My Dear Boy! Those trends never seem to go away, do they? It’s kind of like when some nervous Jewish people start proclaiming that anti-Semitism is on the rise again just because the Anti-Defamation League releases a statement decrying anti-Semitism.

Anti-Semitism never goes away, as it always remains packed and hidden among the many items overstuffed in the extra baggage often left behind in the unclaimed department within our minds.

Gold-digging is the same as being labeled as either a “sugar-daddy” or “sugar mamma.” Lord only knows My Dear Boy, that there are plenty of men and women looking for someone of that ilk to set them up for life.

And pray-tell, what do they offer in exchange for your lifetime of hard labor? Superficial love and babies who will get your hard-earned dough and have it spent on trendy items that go out of style the minute it’s bought!

Oh, I’m not against having children at all My Dear Boy, it’s just having them for the wrong reasons in order to please someone. Marriage is good for the right reason, meaning when you truly find someone who loves you for everything that is you and not just your money.

When I was in my 20s, My Dear Boy, I found too many women who were looking for financial security, even though they were unable to convey it to me verbally.

I found out the hard way that some women will settle for second best, i.e. jerks with houses and other fine assets, because for them ultimately it’s better to be treated like property and smacked around, than it is to be naturally loved for the true soul of the soul.

It’s truly terrible, My Dear Boy. I’ve seen scads of gold-digging sugar daddy/mamma seekers listed on websites like www.jdate.com, a Jewish dating website.

At least two personal ads I read illustrated the point righteously and brought it home directly. The first ad I saw specifically placed by a woman, wished to acquire a “doctor, lawyer or dentist,” knowing full-well that she wanted to be set-up for life.

Then there was the Japanese woman who placed an ad looking for “a Jewish husband,” perhaps believing in the old stereotype that all Jews are wealthy and filthy rich. If that’s so, I have yet to meet one such person!

Then of course there’s www.craigslist.com, where folks sometimes disguise the words gold-digging, sugar daddy-mamma for the word “muse.”

Good looks don’t stretch as far as they used to these days, even with the great advancement of digital photography, the Internet and the hundreds upon hundreds of advertisements that promote sexiness via magic health treatments.

I know you know all of this and much more too, My Dear Boy, but I just want you to be careful in case that soon-to-be separated & perhaps divorced from that one-legged blonde bimbo partner of yours decides to rent a dozen Brinks trucks to cart away your amassed fortune.

Don’t say I didn’t warn you!

Your Sincerest Fan,

The MishegasMaster

No comments: