My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, June 16

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>If Rod McKuen Wrote Poetry Like Shakespeare

Gosh oh gollies it's been so long since I've posted a poem in this space, but better late than never, so good evening and a quick tip of the sweaty kippah to you all! My, my, my, it's the third week in June and it's hotter than a sweat lodge outside. My week was an easy one, yet the days are nearly as long , but thank goodness it's Friday and that sweet capper is waiting to ease us into a gentle weekend once more. And now, for a golden oldie of a poem! Remember my dear readers, please tell someone you love them and always-always-always-always enjoy!

If Rod McKuen Wrote Poetry Like Shakespeare

Resting below cottage trees
Thy bosom doth rise, doth fall
Soldiers marched drunkard asleep
I asked she molest thy wicked way
To free the dying soul beneath
She obliged.

No comments: