My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, April 14

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Cold Fingers Inside The Flesh

Well, here we are, and it's the already the second full week of April behind us,and yes I know it's awful early to be posting, but of course I couldn't sleep, so why not? Besides, while I'm awake I can give each and everyone of you a quick tip of the kippah to you one & all. These weeks keep getting rougher and rougher, too much stress can take its toll on a man, but...thank goodness the weekend is here! We can kick back and relax because that happy little capper has found us once more. And now for a new poem! Please remember my dear, dear readers; always-always-always enjoy!

Cold Fingers Inside The Flesh

I'm cold and you didn't answer the telephone
There's peanut butter & crackers on the table
And newspapers & magazines scattered on the floor
My eyes so red, incredible with fear
Submerged within one univeral tear
Not feeling sorry for what I've done
I've been had by everyone

I sleep alone I must confess, while I count the cracks between cold fingers balled up inside the flesh
I'm not surprised that this time is the last time
You forgot to remember that I still care
Whether it's tattooed across your heart
Or imprinted on your brain
I confess I know nothing but disenchantment for the sadness I feel tonight