My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Tuesday, April 4

The Untimely Death Of Velvet Dissident-The Man & The Blog

There’s a lot to be said for inspiration; I’ve done a lot on my part too, that is inspire or perhaps it’s perspire others into doing things they wouldn’t normally do. I mean that’s mostly said on a positive note, verses a negative one.

As far as blogging goes, I’ve inspired at least 10 people to start their own blogs or online journals; some of those folks write everyday, while others write when they feel that they have something to say. Me? I try to write every single day, although with all the chaos and construction going on in my life. It’s been rather hard to keep up with a schedule that’s typically normal.

One person I inspired purposely created their blog to keep tabs on my personal life and would only write whenever I experienced a personal loss. Well, I haven’t seen an entry in that blog for months. That blogger used to leave extremely nasty, hateful and spiteful remarks on blogger comments page, which is one reason why I closed off the comments box until I find a better way to monitor the response system.

In the meantime, what saddens me greatly is when a blogger decides to close up shop for an insufficient reason; that being said, I publicly mourn for the loss of the blog Velvet Dissident, whose reason to commit blog suicide was due to being impatient; in other words no getting the blog to be noticed fast enough other than friends and family.

Velvet even asked me to mention the blog on my page a couple of times, but I failed to do so, primarily because I was writing thoughts that I feel just didn’t fit in and was waiting for the right moment. I suspect Velvet reached out to me because my blog was more visible than a brand new space. But of course in blog-land as well as real life, there is never a right moment to jump in the mix, you just do it.

Velvet claims that on a spur-of-the-moment impulse, he just pushed the button and…poof! It was gone forever. Blogger is like that, unfortunately. It’s a shame, because I really grew to like Velvet’s blog. I wish he would have reconsidered before killing it. His blog was a breath of fresh air, much like the persona and soul of Velvet Dissident.

Perhaps he’ll reconsider and start a new blog. I’ll stand by and pray that he does.