My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Sunday, October 16

American Yarnprose>Truly Perplexed

Truly Perplexed

I walked home from the club, dazed and confused, more perplexed than ever because I wasn’t given the chance to play.


Damn all those bastards who got in my way.

Night after night.

Making up excuses of one sort or another, that somehow, they were sorry.

But in a selfish way.

And they couldn’t help themselves, what with all of their drinking and smoking.


Shit!

It was their fault to begin with.

That’s what strayed them off into a deep and insignificant lifestyle.

But why was I part of this living nightmare?


Hell!

I bet I could find much better scenes than these, but there was a rather unique attraction to this one.

It cried.

It begged.

It screamed for attention.

Problem was, I never got to perform.

I always had to watch everyone else make fools of themselves.

Had to top one another selfishly and that was sad.

Purely sad.

A Friday night ritual gone awry.

I sipped my tea and read my book, but inside my head, I played a lonesome six notes, over and over again in different patterns, till the sun came up.

Man!

I was truly perplexed.

No comments: