My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, October 14

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>From A Fish-Eye Lens

Well we've come to Friday, the easy capper for me this week, considering Yom Kippur and all. I keep finding early poems of mine, some written nearly 20 years ago, so dear readers, again I'm treating you all to early glimpses of my life, when life was deliciously experimental then as it is now! And yes, of course, always, always, enjoy!!!

From A Fish-Eye Lens

I’m a refugee
From an army camp
That abandoned years ago
I seek out
Anybody who tells me
Where the hell I belong
I’ve been travelling
On the road
For quite sometime now
The memories like the blood
Remain as fresh as the air
But the tracks always lead to nowhere
A ghost
Haunts my memory
About a battle
That had taken place
I can’t remember names
Only colors, blotches
And the tiny faces
Screaming late into
The night
Suffering,
Senseless,
Soaring,
Slaughters
Scary, it was
Streaming blood
From punctured children
Searching for their families
Cut down for no reason
Stemmed from anger and confusion
Me now
Talking from a phone
In an institution, locked up
From a nightmare, I cannot overcome
Scary, it is still
Never to know the meaning of tranquility
Forever,
Screaming out the tiny faces

No comments: