My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Tuesday, November 29

Something Rash!

For the past several weeks, I’ve been treating a severe rash on my right arm. At first I didn’t know where it originated from and so I thought by ignoring it, the rash might go away on its own.

For weeks I had put on various crèmes, lotions and ointments, hoping it would flush out the rash from beneath my skin and disappear, but alas it didn’t happen.

Then I tried petroleum jelly and that worked for a little while, drying out the skin and causing some of the bumps to go away.

Yet the rash has persisted & flourished like new grass growth in the springtime.

Like any person with a rational mind, I began to comb through my brain and try to remember what I had used that set off this irritation across my skin that enabled it to manifest itself into a rash and I thought about a lot of different possibilities.

I did have several mice in the apartment nearly one winter ago; I know there are some remnants of the mice are still around like bits of nesting & such, but almost all of those areas have been swept up and kept clean, but I think overall, it boils down to three valid substances; dietary supplements, cologne & laundry detergent. Let’s examine all three, shall we? Yes, we shall!

One of the troubles I have with taking dietary supplements almost daily is those darned side-effects, which can occur at almost anytime; this includes bodily dysfunctions like diarrhea to feeling lighted-headed and dizzy. If only I didn’t have to take them, but alas I have to, in order to keep my body in sync with all the other things I put into it. Drugs are so wonderful, aren’t they?

Next, I looked at cologne. The funny thing about cologne is that like anything that is supposed to be smelly, misty, musky toilet water that we spray or splash upon our bodies and is supposedly to make us smell manly or womanly, usually isn’t, but most people wear it to mask natural odor that make some men and women sweat like swine on a hot July afternoon.

I’ve had allergic reactions to cologne before, so I knew it was no biggie, but lately the brand I’ve been purchasing, hasn’t been hurting me all that much, no quite the opposite, it’s been making me seem a bit more attractive than normal, which I guess for me, is a good thing!

So, like the theory of the big bad wolf unable to blow down the third pig’s brick house as opposed to the other two pigs’ homes made of timber and straw, I felt it really must have been the laundry detergent (Purex) I was using this past summer. Sure, my clothes itched, but I never thought it was because of that at first; I always thought it was something else, yet as time grew onward, I realized it must have been the detergent.

These days, I've been treating my rash with tee tree ointment and the stuff works like a charm. It's far better than buying over-the-counter medicine. Overall, I used to think that buying cheaper was better, but not anymore! Sure, some lesser-known food brands can taste better than those expensive brand names canned and packaged goods, but when it all comes down to what ingredients are mixed in with whatever they are mixed in with, it all nearly tastes or feels the same, at least pizza, beans & cereal does.

I haven’t quite washed my clothes in pizza or beans just yet, but one of those days, who knows? Maybe someone will invent a laundry detergent that tastes like pizza or beans.

I know what you must be thinking, but you know something? They laughed at the (Wilbur & Orville) Wright Brothers when they took their washing machines out to Kitty Hawk and flew them, too.

No comments: