My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Friday, February 17

The Botox Frankenstein Poetry Series>Nude Woman In My Room Above The Crazy Music

Well, here we are and guess what??? We made it! Happy Friday, one and all and let me tell you, bloggerpeople, this week seemed to drag on forever! Yet, thankfully it is here, the sweet juicy little capper for the week. And speaking of which, I will be off for a full nine days from this blog as I will be "going home" to the Golden Valley Of Happiness. In light of that, I'd like to leave you with a long poem. I hope all of you have a good gentle week and I'll see you all around the blog-fire in nine days! And remember my dear readers, always, always, enjoy!!!

Nude Woman In My Room Above The Crazy Music

I am the wail of a soul

A Wednesday in Octobers of long ago

I am getting high in my room

On a new song so frail

After listening to the great men of jazz

I can never hear myself creating riffs for long

The ability to tell a story within their throats

Rollins, Galliard, Bird and Jones play off each other so brilliantly

Once valiant

Now fade away like flowers in a vase

The love they brought to our place

From which I might not recover

I am singing a new song so frail

Its riff, skinny ribcage reveille

A single outward howl

A lonesome echo go

Telling me to get lost inside myself, to learn the quartertones

Between the shoreline and the city

But to tell you the truth,

I don’t shout out images

Or scurry madly like a coked-out mouse in a daze

There are no artificial ingredients, no funny names to disguise

The true character of all of our voices combined

This is what sets all of those words free.

Supposedly.

I hear those men

Like they’ve heard me

I like the smiles, the fresh new sounds

They’ve given me

If I had never met them

Heard the crystal of their phrases.

I’d be another unknown Joe

Wailing below the sea

Writing squalor