My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Thursday, March 23

The MishegasMaster Meets The Mishegas Bathtub & The Mishegas Bathroom Sink With Generics!

It looks as if I have won round one in the war against my bathtub and bathroom sink drains. The clogs in both have been unusually strange, but I suppose the winter season froze the pipes up, making water virtually impassable.
I don’t put a lot down the bathroom sink, other than the usual "spit-the-water-out-of-my-mouth-and-into-the-sink" kind of action every morning and I do comb my hair and beard occasionally and I suspect with the latter, much hair has clogged up both the bathtub and the sink.
Yet the bathtub has been the worst by far, as for days the water wouldn’t go down, until I began using drainpipe solutions. Much as every company claims to make a good product, the best formula I have found thus far and was easy on the pipes is a solution called "Everyday Living: Professional Strength Drain Opener."
Just imagine it; a 64-ounce bottle filled with thick liquid formula (sounds kind of kinky, don’t it?) that unclogs pipes? I thought it was too good to be true until I tried it myself, but lo and behold after flushing out the drain and a little plunging, it worked!
This product is a generic brand and seemed to be so much better than all of the name brand solutions I was using. Generic brands, whether we realize it or not, are absolutely the best. They may not smell, taste, feel or look the same as a nationally known product, but they do the trick so wonderfully as well. 90 percent of my clothes, medicine, music (CDs & cassettes), toiletries and food is generic. Generic is cheaper, it saves on cash when you don’t have a lot to spend to begin with and you don’t have to rely on a name brand product that tells you that they are the best in the world, which of course, many realize isn’t the truth.
I haven’t had a problem with the bathtub since I used "Everyday Living."
Sigh...

If only, if only I could find a way to de-mouse my apartment like that now...