My journal of life and those lives that surround & influence me, both positively & negatively

Sunday, March 26

New American Yarnprose>100 Percent Bullshit

Every once in a while, I learn a life lesson and a few weeks ago, I learned a big one, as well as a gentle reminder that I have to watch out for some remarks I say because sometimes, it stings the other party involved pretty badly, even though I meant no harm.

Having said that, I’d like to present a new piece of yarnprose I wrote earlier this month…

100 Percent Bullshit

Sunset streams into my bedroom cluttered with papers and books, photographs, empty jewel boxes & parts and all sorts of CDs. Mingus is blowing steam as usual and he comforts me well. A friend has just hung up upon me as he tells me about a rally about nuclear power usage in India that he attended and all I said to him was, “Well if it’s not Iraq, it’s something else.”

That angered him I guess.

I swallow my apple juice and wonder about useless anger. Where in the world does it go when there is no place left for it? Garbage cans are already filled to the brim with other ridiculous notions; there’s an undeclared illegal war that has already filled over 2,300 plastic body bags and TV talk shows and radio broadcasts just spit and punch their fists in the air and their callers take turns agreeing and disagreeing with each other, but does it really matter this useless anger that hangs hard in the evening air?

What is there to do about it?
What is there to do about it?
What is there to do about it?

Just sit on your ass and complain about it like the rest of the complainers already do.

There is too much negativity in this world I tell myself; no one accepts what can’t be stopped. How can something be stopped when it’s already been chugging down the tracks for months on end and headed for disaster? How! How! How!

Disaster breaks bones in a single swing.
Disaster is an excuse to turn positive into negative.
And I wonder aloud how many can.
And I wonder aloud how many care to.
And I wonder aloud how many collective orchestras behave like lemmings and do what they are told?

Plenty, I say to myself, plenty.
And I know I am right.